Almond apple cake
So juicy and tasty: This almond apple pie will delight your family and friends. The crowning glory is the crispy almond flakes – a tender culinary delight for real connoisseurs.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (conventional oven, not fan-assisted). Grease a springform cake tin (20 cm) and dust with flour. Tap off the excess flour. Peel, halve and core the apples. Cut the apples into thin slices a few millimetres thick. Put the apple slices in a bowl and place them in the microwave for 2 minutes to soften. Pour off the excess liquid and allow the apples to cool.
- Break the egg into a bowl and add 1 tbsp of Hermesetas Granulated. Whisk thoroughly for 2 minutes until the mass becomes thick and pale. Then add the melted butter and vanilla, whisking continuously. Sift the wheat flour, ground almonds, baking powder, salt and the remaining 20 g of Hermesetas Granulated into a new bowl.
- Alternately add a little of the flour mixture and a little of the milk at a time into the bowl with the egg mixture while whisking at a low speed. Continue until all the flour and milk has been added. Pour half of the dough into a new bowl and stir the two egg yolks into it. Add ¾ of the apple slices and carefully fold until all the apples are well coated.
- First pour all of the dough without the apples into the springform and then spread the dough containing the apples on top. Spread the remaining ¼ of the apples on the top of the cake and press them gently into the dough. Finally, sprinkle with almond flakes.
- Place the springform on the bottom shelf of the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Then move it to the middle shelf and allow to bake for another 30-35 minutes.